Navigation:Home > News


Company Ne... Industry T...

Eni awarded two new offshore blocks Ivory Coast Back ->

Time: 2018-01-19

Eni today announced that it has obtained majority stakes in two new exploration blocks off the shore of the Ivory Coast. The two offshore blocks are located approximately 50 km from the countrys coastline.


The two deep offshore blocks, denominated CI-101 and CI-205, are in the eastern part of the prolific Tano basin, where Eni already operates, and cover a total area of about 2,850 km2. Block CI-101 is at water depths of between 200 m and 2,500 m and located 50 km south of the capital Abidjan, while block CI-205 is at water depths of between 2,000 m and 2,700 m, and located 80 km south-west from the capital.

Eni will operate and hold a 90% stake in both offshore blocks, while the state-owned company Petroci continues to hold the remaining 10%.